Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
No retention is applicable to our works and should not be deducted from this project, as no equipment or plant is provided or installed by us.
Payment terms are 30 days from date of invoice, all quotations are valid for 30 days.
Normal working hours Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 16:30hrs
Closed Water Systems
Circulation of closed lthw & chlled water systems must be maintained to ensure inhibitors and biocides actively reach all parts of the systems, including system extremities and fan coil unit coils, we would suggest as minimum 1 hour every 24 hours. Failure to do this may result in non-protection of pipework and services and / or increased microbiological activity. BMS software routines are suggested to ensure this is performed without fail and can be done during non-occupied times.
Retention of Title
Title to the Goods shall remain vested in the Seller and shall not pass to the Buyer until the purchase price for the Goods has been paid in full and received by the Seller.
This contract is divisible, the work performed in each delivery during the currency of the contract will be invoiced separately. Each invoice for work performed in any delivery shall be payable by the customer in full accordance with the terms of payment herein, without reference to and notwithstanding a defect or default in the work performed or to be performed in any other delivery.
Where the Customer advises of any postponement or cancellation of a properly arranged visit by Comfort Services Group Ltd (the Company), the Company reserves the right to charge the Customer for abortive services. Charges for abortive services are agreed by the Customer to be a legitimate pre-estimate of the loss suffered by the Company, and will be as follows:
Abortive Services with no notice – up to £500
Abortive Services with less than 24 hours notice – up to £250
Abortive Services with more than 24 hours notice – No charge
Commissioning Requirements, Inclusions and Exclusions.
1. Full access to any valves/dampers situated above the ceilings.
2. All ceiling tiles required for access purposes will be removed by others as required by Comfort Services Group.
3. All valves are open.
4. Power is available to all control valves and any associated items of plant, ie: fan coil units
5. Operating temperature of heating systems to be reduced to safe working limits, maximum permissible temperature 60oC.
6. All grilles and dampers are open.
7. All equipment and systems are correctly installed.
8. Payment of submitted invoices will be 30 days nett month account, we reserve the right to charge interest on overdue accounts and reclaim credit insurance / intelligent financing costs.
9. Provision of temporary site office accommodation with sufficient room for inspection of drawings and safe instrument storage, free of charge to Comfort Services Group.
10. Full set of current working drawings, equipment schedules and design data will be provided prior to our attendance on site.
11. Witnessing of a particular system will be carried out within one week of the system being balanced and offered to acceptance.
12. Clean filters will be fitted by others prior to balancing taking place.
13. Continuity of commissioning work will be available throughout the commissioning period.
14. Attendance of specialist controls engineer to be provided free of charge when necessary to position automatic regulating devices.
15. Provision of suitable flushing connections particularly when using temporary pumps.
16. Electrical connections (f.o.c) to flushing pumps, note these can be either 110/1/50 or 400/3/50.
17. Suitable main water connections and supply of water and provision of discharge flushing water.
18. Unless stated specifically within our quotation dynamic flushing will be undertaken using the installed system pumps, we cannot guarantee bsria flushing velocities will be achieved using these.
19. System design and installation must be suitible and adequate to obtain correct flushing results, for example line size flushing loops, line size drain valves (up to 50mm).
1. Drilling and plugging of all test holes.
2. Commissioning to current CIBSE codes A & W, including the setting to work as defined in CIBSE code section A1, 1 and A, 21 to A, 2, 6, 5 inclusive, W, 1 and W, 2 inclusive.
3. Pre-commissioning of air and water systems as Comfort Services Group standard sheets.
4. Witnessing has been allocated for main volumetric duties and random 10& of distribution system. Should further witnessing be required we reserve with right to increase our costs accordingly.
5. Commissioning of any systems once only; any re-tests that might be necessary due to failure in the design or installation, will be deemed as extra to contract and charged accordingly.
6. Results will be submitted in typed format on Comfort Services Group proforma.
1. Specialist towers, scaffolding, podiums and access to high level commissionable equipment or plant.
2. The commissioning of any item normally commissioned by the specialist supplier, ie boilers, chillers, control system, DX refrigeration plant, inverter drives, pressurisation units, booster sets etc.
3. Any environmental or performance checks (including load simulation tests) except where specifically referred to in our quotation.
4. Any noise level measurements except where specifically referred to in our quotation.
5. Pressure testing of pipework or ductwork.
6. We would also confirm that no responsibility is accepted for design issues that arise during the commissioning process such as acoustic, or circulation problems within rooms etc
7. We carry Employers & Public Liability insurance. We cannot, however accept responsibility for negligence or damage to plant, equipment, fixtures and fittings on which engineers supplied by us are working as we are unable to insure such as they are neither owned nor supplied by us. We assume that insurance for any such damage is covered by your own / main contractors All Risks Policy.
8. Functional testing of fire dampers.
9. Commissioning & testing of domestic hot/cold water systems and associated distribution balancing to elevate “dead legs”.
10. Belt and pulley changes and associated retesting due to under or over performance of plant.
11. Adjustment of fan coil unit speeds by rocker switch only, voltage changes via motor tappings deemed extra to contract.
12. Provision of flushing license / effluent permits.
13. Provision of Glycol unless specifically mentioned within our quotation.
14. Commissioning of RPZ valves.
15. Setting of auto flow cartridges or control valves by manufactures scale only, any issues with flow inaccuracies or hysteresis are out of our control, further adjustments or re-testing are classed as re-testing additional works.
16. Any validation, commissioning or re-testing works on existing systems in whole or part thereof unless specially stated within our quotation.
17. Deep cleaning of storage tanks and associated re-chlorinations.
18. Anti-confusion testing of domestic or medical distribution services.
19. Hot water services & calorifier de-scaling.
20. Unless specifically stated only one flushing licence per project will be applied for (where applicable), these will expire in 6 months from date of issue.
21. Provision of side stream cartridge or micron filters used during any cleaning process unless specifically stated within our quotation.
22. Supply of De-ionised / RO or Low Solid content water for critical systems such as MTHW & HTHW systems unless specifically identified within our quotation.
n.b We would be pleased to carry out the above works under separate negotiated costs.