- You will be office based but on occasions be willing to travel. Be efficient and organised in your work, completely computer literate particularly with word, excel and Apple operating systems, familiarity with Sage would be beneficial.
- Understanding of building services systems and fluid hydraulics is essential.
- A successful track record of developing accounts, increasing sales, project cost management and maximising profits. Must have a high level of attention to detail and proven hands on skills, be numerically accurate and detailed.
- An open, positive personality with fluid communication skills combined with the ability to evaluate business opportunities.
Building Services Estimator
This role is for an estimator who is fully competent for quoting for Water Treatment (BSRIA Closed Systems), Water Hygiene Contracts along with Commissioning, Testing, Ductwork Cleaning and Validation works with little guidance on obtaining correct tender pricing following initial alignment and using our pricing structure, however judgemental experience in tendering is paramount.
To be successful it is essential that existing quotations are followed up, progressed and tracked, you will need to be able to convert quotations into orders, be self-motivated to liaise with clients and our suppliers and report back on findings, wins & losses.
Must have a natural instinct to investigate, probe and uncover where the high value work is and it is a fundamental requirement to build trust with clients, speak honestly with respect and never promise something we cannot successfully deliver.
- To accurately inspect tender drawings, calculate costs based on formula against quantities.
- Follow up existing quotations and track progress.
- Background knowledge of biocide washing, chemical cleaning and flushing to BSRIA standards, dosing inhibitors and biocides would be beneficial as would background knowledge of Air and Water Balancing to CIBSE codes.
- Follow company processes relating to all aspects of your work, showing respect to all staff and colleagues.
- Always look for opportunities to improve standards.
- Report any issues to the project managers / directors.
- Promote company culture and vision to all customers and staff alike.