Commissioning Engineer (Balancing)
We are currently looking for commissioning engineers with proven background in commissioning within HVAC environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a number of projects across the UK that aims to deliver on key projects for key clients whilst offering skilled engineers an opportunity to grow and develop within our busy and exciting team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Performing air and water balancing and HVAC systems validations to CIBSE Codes and BSRIA Guidelines, always with a positive outlook and can do attitude, proactive troubleshooting.
- Monitor and supervise where required the commissioning work to ensure it meets the Company standards and is in line with the contract specification.
- Commission, with assistance as required, the systems being managed and liaise with the project managers to resolve technical issues which may impact on programme completion.
- Assist with quotations to the Sales team for commissioning costs / program for proposed new systems and assist sales with site surveys.
- To generate test sheets and reports in a timely manner. Correctly complete Engineer work reports, handover certificates or checklist as appropriate.
- Always wear company clothing and appropriate PPE to maintain safe working environment both on site and at our premises.
- Follow company processes relating to all aspects of your work, showing respect to all staff and colleagues.
- Attend monthly company team meetings at our head office.
- Attend quarterly engineer reviews at our head office.
- Be prepared to travel and stay away as necessary to complete your work and always look for opportunities to improve standards.
- Be willing to participate in any company training days/programs provided to improve development.
- Always promote a professional company image. You will be the company representative ensuring all commissioning and technical activities are completed on time and within budget.
Key Skills & Attributes
To include but not limited to:
- Must possess sound knowledge and have proven background and experience in HVAC commissioning & balancing, ideally holding relevant qualifications.
- Provide excellent customer service to meet the expectations and requirements of our customers, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with the company’s client base. To ensure customer satisfaction of service offered, to make contact with clients representative on site at each site visit and to build customer relations.
- To compile correct computer generated test sheets and engineers reports using our master templates, initially with some training and guidance if required.
- Knowledge of the procedures for air and water balancing to BSRIA guidelines and CIBSE Codes A & W.
- Ensure customer and personal safety at all times.
- To abide to company rules, Health and Safety and Quality policies.
- Carry out all reasonable tasks, requests or projects as requested.
- To follow instructions as given by project managers/lead engineers.
- To provide your own basic hand tools, specialist company instrumentation will be provided (to be treated will full care and attention).
- Ensure employee handbook has been read and understood fully.
- Always behave respectfully with customers, work colleagues and office staff.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel.
- UK Driving Licence and CSCS SKILL Card.
- Never make a promise we cannot keep.
You should demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and have proven hands on skills. You must be willing to travel generally within 100 mile radius, on occasions further where staying away is required within the UK. Basic site hours are Monday to Friday 08:00-16:30 with the likelihood of overtime in evening or weekends. You must be efficient and self organised in your work, computer literate particularly with Word and Excel, familiarity with Apple Mac’s would be beneficial. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent in Maths.
A friendly and flexible outlook with a willingness to go the extra mile for the team and for our customers, these are key to being successful in this role. You must be a team player and be able to carry out clear instructions to continually raise the standards of processes within the team.