Pre-commissioning Engineer (Water Treatment)
To fulfil this role you should demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and have proven hands on skills. You will need to be personable, have good customer relation skills as you will be the direct face of the company to our clients.
You must be willing to travel generally within 100 mile radius, on occasions further where staying away is required within the UK. Basic site hours are Monday to Friday 08:00-16:30 with the likelihood of overtime in evening or weekends. You must be efficient and self-organised in your work, be computer literate particularly with Word and Excel, familiarity with Apple Mac’s would be beneficial. Excellent in English and Maths.
A friendly and flexible outlook with a willingness to go the extra mile for the team and for our customers, these are key to being successful in this role. You must be a team player and be able to carry out clear instructions to continually raise the standards of processes within the team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
To include but not limited to:
- To follow the correct procedures for setting up and flushing closed low temperature hot water and chilled water systems, this being via the main system pumps or temporary flushing rigs, to BSRIA guidelines.
- To compile correct computer generated test sheets and engineers reports using our master templates, initially with some training and guidance if required.
- To ensure customer satisfaction of service offered, to make contact with clients’ representatives on site at each site visit and to build customer relations.
- To chlorination domestic water systems either via main storage tanks or injection of local pipework.
- Carry out all reasonable tasks, requests or projects as requested.
- To follow instructions as given by project managers/lead engineers.
- Always wear company clothing, appropriate PPE as required by Health & Safety regulations and present a clean, smart image.
- Maintain safe working environment both on site and at our premises.
- To abide to company rules, Health and Safety and Quality policies.
- To provide your own basic hand tools, specialist company instrumentation will be provided (and is required to be treated with full care and attention).
- Ensure employee handbook has been read and understood fully.
- Always behave respectfully towards customers, work colleagues and office staff.
- Never make a promise we cannot keep.
- Always promote a professional company image.
- UK Driving Licence and CSCS SKILLCard desirable.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of biocide washing, chemical cleaning and flushing to BSRIA standards, dosing inhibitors and biocides.
- Obtaining water flushing velocities and proportional balancing when required with commissioning engineers with a positive outlook and can do attitude.
- Follow company processes relating to all aspects of your work, showing respect to all staff and colleagues.
- Knowledge of taking of water samples using the correct method, ensuring they get to the lab in a correct and timely manner.
- Be prepared to travel and stay away as necessary to complete your work and always look for opportunities to improve standards.
- Safe chemical handling.
- Report any issues to your project manager/lead engineer.
- To generate water quality logs and summary reports in a timely manner.