The Queen’s Hospital was opened in 1917 in the grounds of Frognal House. Initially it provided pioneering plastic surgery to First World War soldiers with facial injuries. After 1925 it served as a London County Council “out-hospital”, and was renamed Queen Mary’s Hospital in 1930.
For the first time radiotherapy treatment for cancer patients is available in outer south east London. Previously patients have had to travel into central London for treatment.
Guy’s Cancer at QMH includes not only two new linear accelerator machines for radiotherapy treatment and 14 chemotherapy treatment chairs but also a new Dimbleby Macmillan Support Centre, an information and supportive care service for cancer patients and their families.