Mains Water Chlorination to BS8558 & PD855468Mains Water Chlorination Certificate and Pipework Chlorination Service to BS8558 & PD855468
Comfort Services Group
- Our practices conform to British Standard BS8558 and PD85546
- We provide chlorination of mains supplies to specific water authorities and local water authority specification
- For your convenience our engineers provide the required certificate of chlorination on any hot and cold water domestic systems on-site, the moment works are completed
- We are members of the Legionella Control Association and BSRIA (Building Services Research and Information Association
- All our services are controlled and managed under our quality standard ISO 9001:2015
- We always ensure to maintain a high standard of service when on the site
- We are also accredited by SAFEContractor, Constructionline and all our engineers are DBS & CSCS card holders, this is in addition to a wealth of experience working on construction sites
- All engineers have dedicated vehicles along with specialist equipment to ensure and maintain correct dosing levels while works are being performed.
- We offer additional services such as Legionella Risk Assessments and Log Books, closed heating and chilled system water treatment, domestic water hygiene control and ductwork ventilation cleaning
Comfort Services Group are a specialist water treatment provider and offer a range ofwater quality testing on the water supply networks that include Anglian Water, Thames Water, Affinity Water, Essex & Suffolk Water and other water boards.
Chlorination of water systems: What is involved?
Chlorination is important in order to maintain quality of the mains drinking water supply. Water board companies such as Anglian Water, will not allow the connection of new mains pipe onto their system until the new pipe work has been chlorinated effectively and a detailed and comprehensive chlorination certificate along with microbiological analysis has been provided.
We provide full water chlorination service along with the associated lab testing service for all new mains connections, all water board samples are accredited by independent UKAS labatories
In order to safeguard water quality, public health and to ensure the correct standards of water are maintained, the water supply pipes have to be chlorinated and tested before a connection is allowed to be opened to the mains water supply, any new private water supply must conform to this requirement.
New supplies should be:
- Flushed and where possible swabbed to remove any contamination that has been introduced during installation.
- The water mains will then be filled with a disinfecting solution for at least an hour, ensuring that the strength is maintained throughout the disinfection process.
- After the disinfection period the water mains must be flushed with good quality potable clean water to remove the chlorine residual, measurements taken will show that the chlorine concentration of the water leaving the mains is no higher than that generally prevailing in the distribution system.
- To confirm the efficacy of the disinfection process water samples are taken from the furthest outlets on the system; these are then sent for testing for TVC, E-coli/ coliforms, pseudomonas, turbidity and legionella by a UKAS accredited laboratory.
Mains injection and pipe work chlorination
New mains chlorination injection is a process used to clean and disinfect mains water pipes, this method is usually used when new supply pipes are being installed, or when an existing system is being repaired or upgraded. Chlorine is added to the water at a source location, and then the water with the appropriate concentration level of chlorine is pumped through the pipes, which along with maintained chemical strength and contact times should disinfect them.
Requirements for chlorination and specific tests needed may vary depending on the local water utility company (e.g. Anglian, Affinity or Thames Water). It is recommended to check with the specific utility water supply companies exactly what is required and the level of certification expected before any disinfection and chlorination goes ahead.
Why choose Comfort Services Group?
In order to safeguard water quality and public health, the water supply pipes have to be chlorinated and tested before a connection is allowed to the water main.
Comfort Services Group is a specialist water treatment & testing provider on the water supply networks that include Anglian Water, Thames Water, Affinity Water, Essex & Suffolk Water and other water boards should the need arise.
New mains chlorination is important in order to maintain quality of the mains drinking water supply. Water board companies, like above mentioned Anglian Water, will not allow the connection of new mains pipe onto their system until the new pipe work has been chlorinated effectively and a detailed and comprehensive chlorination certificate and microbiological analysis have been provided.
We can provide a full chlorination and pressure testing service for all new mains connections, whether the system is a large commercial building, or a smaller domestic pipework.
There are other systems of control and methods of disinfection which are widely available within the water treatment sector, the most common utilised are Chlorine Dioxide and Hydrogen Peroxide, both have excellent disinfection properties at very low concentrations and can remove existing biofilms on the internal surfaces of pipework, however they are also oxidants and must be treated with respect particularly with service engineers, building users and for the environment
Cost per litre chlorine (or sodium hypochlorite) is by far the cheapest, most economical and more widely available, it is essentially what bleach is made from but just at a different concentration. What's more these other systems of control are not yet recognised by local water authorities, so if a chlorination is required and not a disenfection then you must use chlorine
Comfort Services Group is a leading independent UK water company offering expert water hygiene management including chlorination of water systems, cleaning, refurbishment, disinfection of cold storage water tanks and regular on-going compliance support to HSE (Health and Safety Executive) ACOP L8 / HSE274 Technical standards of operation.
If you want to find out more about how our water management and engineering solutions can help you, or if you have any questions then our team of knowledgeable advisors will be happy to help, just contact us and we'll do the rest.
Internal Water Supply
An internal or potable water supply is the domestic pipework distribution system that delivers water to different parts of a building. It is usually made up of a network of pipes and fittings that form a hot and cold domestic system which in turn connect to the main water supply to either the outlets directly or via centralised cold water storage tanks. The internal water supply is responsible for providing clean & safe water while being adequate for the needs of the occupants of the building.